Today, you will explore the magnificent highlights of the Great Cairo such as the pyramids, sphinx and the great Egyptian museum.
The pyramids & Sphinx:
The Giza plateau is in the vast desert, the land of the dead. Guarded by the Great Sphinx, the plateau is dominated by the massive pyramids of Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure. To the south of the Great Sphinx, lies the cemetery and Town of the pyramids Builders.
The pyramids are indeed remarkable feats of engineering. But the question is “why the pyramids were constructed?”.
The pyramids were constructed in the 4th dynasty, but Giza remained important through the New Kingdom and the 3rd intermediate period.
There are so many theories about the techniques of the pyramids construction.
Notes: tickets of entry inside the pyramids aren’t included.
The Egyptian Museum:
There are two main floors in the museum, the ground floor and the first floor. On the ground floor, there are some coins, and papyri. As well there are some artifacts of the New Kingdom. These items include statues, tables and coffins.
On the first floor there are some artifacts from the dynasties 29 and 30, with some items from the tombs of the valley of the kings, in particular the amazing treasure of king Tutankhamon.
There are two special rooms contain number of mummies.
Note: the mummies’ room has private ticket.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- All transfers.
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- Entrance fees.
- Licensed tour guide.
- Air conditioned tourist coach.
- Mummies’ room at the museum.
- Entry inside the pyramids.
- Tips for guide and driver.
- Drinks and personal expenses.
Prices per person:
- Child from 1-5 years gets 60% discount.
- Child between 6-11 years gets 50% discount of the price.
- All prices in US Dollar, but Egyptian Pound, English Pound & Euros are accepted.