Today, you will explore the magnificent highlights of Cairo such as the pyramids, sphinx, and the great Egyptian museum.
The pyramids & Sphinx:
The Giza plateau is in the vast desert, the land of the dead. Guarded by the Great Sphinx, the plateau is dominated by the massive pyramids of Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure. To the south of the Great Sphinx, lie the cemetery and Town of the pyramids Builders.
The pyramids are indeed remarkable feats of engineering. But the question is “why the pyramids were constructed?”.
The pyramids were constructed in the 4th dynasty, but Giza remained important through the New Kingdom and the 3rd intermediate period.
There are so many theories about the techniques of the pyramids construction.
Notes: tickets of entry inside the pyramids aren’t included.
The Egyptian Museum:
The Egyptian Museum in Cairo is one of the largest museums in the world. It has more than 120,000 items, with a representation amount on display, the remainder in the storerooms.
There are two main floors in the museum, the ground floor, and the first floor. On the ground floor, there are some coins and papyri. As well there are some artifacts of the new kingdom. Those items include statues, tables, and coffins.
On the first floor, there are some artifacts from the dynasties 29 and 30, with some items from the tombs of the valley of the kings, in particular, the amazing treasure of king Tutankhamen.
There are two special rooms contain some mummies.
Note: the mummies’ room has a private ticket.
- All transfers.
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- Entrance fees.
- Licensed tour guide.
- Air-conditioned tourist coach.
- Mummies’ room at the museum.
- Entry inside the pyramids.
- Tips for guides and drivers.
- Drinks and personal expenses.
Prices per person:
- Child from 1-5 years gets 60% discount.
- Child between 6-11 years gets 50% discount of the price.
- 25% of the price per person to be added on the peak seasons.
- All prices in US Dollar, but Egyptian Pound, English Pound & Euros are accepted.